cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Start events in a workflow being triggered simultaneously

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a workflow which waits for 2 start events. These 2 start events are generated because of 2 change document objects being created for the same document.

I have to keep track of both the change document objects. All instances do not trigger both the events.

But during the changes pertaining to both the change objects, the same event is being triggered twice leading to the workflow instance being generated twice.

Please let me know how i can make this to be one instance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was done by using SAP's way of populating CDHDR records. In one transaction all the CDHDR records created were having the same date and timestamp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you give the name for the <b>event as X</b> and <b>link the event as X for both the change documents in SWEC.</b>

and then

you give start condition in basic data <b>start event</b> itself or <b>swb_cond</b> transaction.

<b>you check both the condition using AND operator.</b>

it will be very helpful...

thanks,

reward points if helpful...

vel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan,

Can you explain what you mean check the 2 conditions using AND operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have the one event as the triggering event at the basic tab of workflow.

And include a Wait step in the workflow definition as a first step which waits for the second event.let me know if that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a tricky situation. I am not sure you will be able to filter the situation in the start condition. You have to put something in the design.

Suppose the 2 events are event1 an event2. Now in the first step there will be a step that checks the the triggering event. If it is event1 then it should follow the normal path. If it is event2 then there should be a task that will check whether a workitem for the same key fields has been triggered for the sunsequent task. Subsequent task mean the task after the this condition step. Use SAP_WORKITEM_TO_OBJECT FM.

I cannot understand how will you take care when only one event is getting triggered. Verm I feel you forgot that wflow will get triggered when single event gets triggered but not duplicate workflow for different event at same time

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

Message was edited by:

Arghadip Kar