cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to direct data comming from 1 system to several SAR R/3 clients. (through XI)

As I see it I have 2 choices:

1: To set up conditions in my Receiver Determination saying that if mandant = 101 then I call Service 101 and so forth.

2: To set up an "enhanced receiver determination" and with a mapping program determine the receivers of the message dynamically at runtime.

My question is:

Does any one have experience with these methods?

We have a very heavy data-load (transfering millions of messages) - which method would be best, performance wise?

To me, method number 2 seams very "expencive" to performance?

Thank you

Regards, Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

>>1: To set up conditions in my Receiver Determination saying that if mandant = 101 then I call Service 101 and so forth.

It just the other way around: if there is a special value in my payload then connect to a special client

>>2: To set up an "enhanced receiver determination" and with a mapping program determine the receivers of the message dynamically at runtime. To me, method number 2 seams very "expencive" to performance?

No, i dont think so. The result could be be quite simple, you should be able to implement a fast programm (ABAP or JAVA), what can be reused for many cases. So develop time is only once.

Dont think only to the performance. If you have many SAP clients, you should watch as well scalability and maintenance. From that point of view it could be useful to have the extended receiver determination in case of a lot inbound interfaces. Otherwise you could have too much IB directory objects which avoid maintenance and a easy roll out.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We anaylsed these options and settled on the first option and it works well for us.

We prefered the simplicity of the solution.