Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the iViews or jpegs which I added into the Web Page with WPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using Netweaver 2004's.

I created a Web Page in the Web Page Composer and in the Site Navigation a Navigation Node to this Web Page.

Then I added a jpg and an iView to this webpage.But I can't see this iView or this jpeg if i open the Web Page.

I'm superadministrator and i have the rights to watch this page

But if i click "Edit Page" i can see everything.

What can be wrong ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

You don't mention publishing the page ? Has the page been published? If not the design view will remain as a draft and you will only see the content in design mode.

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

yes the Page has been published.

It's strangely, because I can the the"Edit page", RSS. E-Mail, Print and "Add to Favorites" button. If I click the "Edit page" button I can see all of my included iViews and jpegs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

today I created a completely new structure. Now I'm able to see jpegs I uploaded with the Wep Page Composer and Articels I created with the WPC. But if I want to add iViews from Cross Side content with the WPC there is nothing in the "Drop content here" field. If i click on the "Assignment Admin" there is an Error:

Resource Resource Type

wpc_iview_main1@/guid/00fba348-2a5a-2a10-c2af-e7f4e9fdeeb5

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you configured the containers to allow iviews as content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can I configure the containers to allow iViews as content? I thought it was standard to place iViews there (Drop content here

[Portal iView, Banner, HTML File, Paragraph, Link List, image/gif, image/jpeg, image/png].

Thank you.

Tobias Towkoski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

now I checked the options of the container. In all container are iViews allowed.

I added the iViews into the Site Content folder with WPC, now there's no error in "Assignment Admin". And the name of the iView is called in the titel of the container. But the is still no content.

Please help me.

Thank u so much for your help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the PCD (Portal Content Studio) permissions of the iView you want to assign to your page. For design time (page editor) a service user which is part of the everyone group needs end-user permissions, for runtime the user which access the page needs end-user permission. The easiest way to achieve this is to grant the group everyone "end-user" permissions.

Please make also sure that you carried out all the initial configuration steps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/3fe7b4f34d4a18e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm. Here you will also find a section "Defining Permissions in the Portal Content Studio"

regards,

Ursula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias -

I think Ursula is on the right track here.

I was having the same issue (not seeing iviews in the page - even in edit mode).

I think the solution (somehow) is configuring the initial permissions in the Security Zones.

The only problem is that the documentation is incorrect. The correction is in an SAP Note.

Below is the configuration (correction is bolded!):

Documentation says:

Defining Permissions for Security Zones

1. Navigate to Security Zones &#8594; com.sap.nw.wpc &#8594; <b>wpc (not pagebuilder!).</b> (The documenation says com.sap.nw.pagebuilder. This is incorrect!)

2. Define permissions for Web site owners and, if necessary, for authors.

a. From the context menu of the medium_safety folder, choose Open Permissions.

b. Give the wpc_editor_role role - or a user group - the permission End User.

You can leave the default entry for the Administrator column as None.

c. Choose Reset Child Permissions.

d. Choose Save.

3. Define permissions for users.

a. From the context menu of the no_safety folder, choose Open Permissions.

b. Give the everyone group - or another user group - the permission End User.

You can leave the default entry for the Administrator column as None.

c. Choose Reset Child Permissions.

d. Choose Save.

I made this change, and now I can see iviews in the page. I won't swear this is the solution, but that is the only change I have made lately.

Hope this helps.

BTW - this <u><b><i>corrected</i></b></u> setting of the security zones corrected other problems I was having. Before I did this, a user with the WPC role - but not super admin - could not edit pages from the published page (the Edit Page link at the top of the page in runtime). Now the user can.

Answers (0)