cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start date vs birth date

Former Member
0 Kudos

When working with personnel master data (PA40 and PA30), how can I specify the start date for that person earlier than the birth date?

I want to keep the person's validity within 1900.01.01 - 9999.12.31 range to avoid key date issues in other components where this person is used. Yet currently the system doesn't allow me to save data unless the birth date is earlier than the start date.

Is it possible and how to deactivate this check?

Janek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janek,

I am not sure abt this., But can you just check wage characteristics in the Table "T582A' for infotype 0002. Is there any check mark and any locking for IT 0002 attributes.

Regards

<b>Anil.C</b>

<u><i><b>Reward the points if my answer helps you out.</b></i></u>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Playing with these options still doesn't remove "Record start date is before date of birth" stop message...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Look at infotype table V_T582A , select the infotype that you want to set the date & in the infotype detailed screen, under the tab display & selection look at create w/o strt field. F1 will give you the help on the values to be maintained. You can have 4 different types to decide on what should be the start date for your infotype record.

SAP has set certain dates for infotypes for a reason and hence changing this may ot be a good idea. Hence you need to analyse what you are doing.

Regards

UR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it doesn't help

My thinking would be to use a workaround - to create a custom field within 0002 infotype that would store the actual birth date without any restrictions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that it is possible to deactivate this check. Logically it does not make sense for someone to start working somewhere (or have personal data) before they are born, so the system doesn't allow it.

- April King

Former Member
0 Kudos

True, however other parts of SAP (e.g. Student File of Campus Management) allow it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if it's just one or two infotypes that you are worried about, perhaps you could use a user exit or BAdI. But I haven't been able to find one spot where you could deactivate the check for all infotypes.

- April