cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment in Subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

I want to know that whether replenishment is possible in subcontracting,i.e. suppose i want to maintain a stock of 1000 finished components at vendor,whenever he delivers material i will issue him raw material for that much quantity only.the order will be an annual order for the order say 1000000 nos.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can anyone explain the significance of distribution field in the subcontracting.

Step by step procedure will be more helpfull.

thanks and regards.

Ashish

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The quantities of the components to be provided to the vendor are entered into the stock of material to be provided to vendor. This stock has the following features:

It is managed as part of your total valuated stock, and is available for MRP.

It is only managed at plant level, since it is not stored at your own company but on the vendor's site.

Two stock types are possible:

unrestricted-use stock

quality inspection stock

Stock can be transferred between the two stock types. Withdrawals can only be posted from unrestricted stock, however.

You can take a physical inventory of the stock of material to be provided to vendor.

<b>It is only managed at plant level</b>

BR

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks diwakarand for your reply,

But my requirement is as follows

I want to maintain safety stock of 1000 nos at vendor.

say if i issue PO of 10 items of semi finished product( BOM reauires 1 raw for for 1 semifinished), he should return me 10 semifinished first, then i shall be able to issue him 10 nos of raw material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is the case you can deliver the Goods issue thro MB1B.and select transfer posting 541 without referring any PO.Now you can keep the stock with vendor as you like.

regards

venkadesh

reward if useful

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will not be able to manage stock at subcontractors place

Thats why i highlighted " Managed at plant "

Hope this is clear

BR

Diwakar