Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to include Structures in SAP Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to extract data of material master from a 3.1 System, where there is a Structure which contains my required information.

How can i include the fields of the Strucutre into my query?

thanks,

Chintan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

whether it is 3.1 or 4.0B or 4.6C

material master data will be in Material master transparent tables like MARA,MARC,MARD,MARM etc

so you have to fetch the data from those tables only, structures are not helpful to fetch the data

where from you wants to get that data

within 3.1 G itself ? or from

from some other systems?

if it is from other systems use RFC fun module ad fetch the data

Regards

ANJI

0 Kudos

I need to pull the data within 3.1 system itself..

I agree that the data has to be fetched only thru the transparent tables, but since i am trying to develop a query, there are some fields that are being called from a Structure (SMEINH in my case). These are the additional units of measure. and the data for these are calculated after some manipulations it seems, so i cannot use the fields in the other tables where they exist already.

nor do i know how are they being manipulated.

so is there any other way to go about it?

thanks,

chintan.

0 Kudos

My first step would normally be to turn SQL Trace on (ST05) and run the transaction where you see the structure filled... then look at the tables the trace shows you, and you can also drill down in there to look at the code that undertook the relevant selects.

Jonathan