Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find mistake when create multiply iViews from one Web Dynpro app

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN!

I need to create a multiply iViews for my app.

In the http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/a765695df67037e10000000a422035/frameset.htm I found: "However, a content administrator could create individual iViews from each view. In this case, the root view (and its other UI elements) is not displayed, and the administrator can rearrange the iViews on the portal page."

As I understand it's mean that I must make a root ViewContainerUIElement object for every view from which I want to make iView.

I create simple WD project, wich has only 2 views (call it "content views"). For every of views I want to create an iView.

Steps, wich I made:

1) create another 2 views (call it "root views"), wich have only ViewControllerUIElement containers

2) embed content views in these containers - one view per container. So I've got followed structure: root view #1 with embedded content view #1 and root view #2 with content view #2. One of the root views is default

3) set application property sap.canBeSplitInIViews to true

4) deploy app

5) in the portal go new iView->Web Dynpro Java application->Create one iView from each application view. Next I select my app, expand it and see only one view wich have default property set to true, but want to see all views...

(if I set default property to false for all root views then I see anything in the last step)

What I do wrong??

Thanks & regards,

Lev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lev,

What you have to do is, other than the two views, create another one, call this MasterView, create two ViewContainers in it and embed View1 and View2 in these. Make MasterView default view in the windows. Deploy and you should see both views as 2 'iview'able views in the portal (while creating iview).

Also, please go through this document (page 21 on).

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0c7b2f25-0c01-0010-f2a2-f8a65a9d...

Good luck,

Regards,

Rajit

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rajit

Thanks for you reply - it's solving my problem! 10 points for you!

There're 2 little confusions rests:

1) when I create iView I have select my application in tree. Only in this way on the next screen I get my views... It's differs from manuals but it works

2) If I want update views from wich I created iViews I have select "deploy new archive and run" in NWDS even if there're only cosmetic changes (such change text labels). Just choosing "Deploy" don't take effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lev,

1)I'm not sure about the manuals. Havent referred them

2)I've observed quite often that just deploying does not take any effect. So I always do "deploy new archive and run". May be its a bug?

Regards,

Rajit

Answers (0)