cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in mapping and in file content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am configuring one file-xi-rfc scenario in which the structure of the input file is as follows:

EDI_DC40 2 DELVRY03 SHPCON

E1EDL20 020 <b>0083710164</b>

E1EDL18 020 PIC

E1EDL18 020 PGI

E1EDL18 020 GWT

I want to pick only VBELN from the segment E1EDL20 and post ot to the RFC. In the input file, the above structure is getting repeated for different VBELN.

Please help in configuring the sender DT, MM and in doing File Content Conversion.

Waiting for your reply.

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

Create data type and use KeyField in content conversion to read this strucutre.To do this refer following weblog.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

Import your RFC signature from R3 system and do 1 to 1 mapping.Let me know your proceedings ...

Cheers

Veera.

>>>Reward Points,If it is needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know tht for the input file structure which is specified above what should be the DT at the source side.

I just want to confirm with my DT.

Regards,

N.Jain

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks to all for your valuable replies. actually i was making a mistake in defining the Recordset structure in FCC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want only the VBELN from the segment E1EDL20 then direct map the VBLEN field with the target field. and if you want the value for each VBLEN then yopu have to set the occurence for the target field as 0..unbounded.

if you still face the problem please reply me back

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

Create you data type like say the name of datatype is DT_FILE

DT_FILE

Node1(ToRead EDI_DC40) ( If you have the record once set Occ. as 1..1)

Specify Fields

Node2(ToRead E1EDL20) (If you have the record once set Occ. as 1..1 else 1..Unbounded)

Specify Fields

Node3(ToRead E1EDL18) -- Occurence - 0--Unbounded

Specify Fields

Specifty the occurences to nodes how the data is present in the file.

Use Key fields for your sturcture in content converison EDI_DC40,E1EDL20,E1EDl18.

Hope it will helps to understand to create the Data Type to read this structure and let me know the procedings.

Cheers

Veera,

>>>Reward Points,if it is needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to pick only the VBELN value from the input flat file. It is recommended you convert the whole flat file to a XML using FCC and in mapping ignore the rest of fields.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nishu,

if your data in the file is as given by you, i.e.,

<i>EDI_DC40 2 DELVRY03 SHPCON

E1EDL20 020 0083710164

E1EDL18 020 PIC

E1EDL18 020 PGI

E1EDL18 020 GWT</i>

Then the data type could be

<Header> -

> occurance would be 1

...........<first field> EDI_DC40

...........<second field> 2

...........<third field> DELVRY03

<fourth field> SHPCON

<Data> -

> occurance is 0- unbounded

...........<first field>

...........<second field>

...........<third field>

</Data>

</Header>

Once you have done this, for picking particular element value, you can map the element by having if condition in your mapping.

Suppose if firstfield == E1EDL20, then map it to the required field.

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Below Links which will help u to do content convertion at Sender side and Receiver side.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful