Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding field name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have to add two fields in a customer based report , i know only the description of field name 'Customer comments' and 'contact notes'.

in which table i have to search for getting SAP database field. i have searched in customer master data but unable to get the data.

could any one help on this please.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u see the fieldname for which they r related. and try to search from

that application master data. U will definitely get somethings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use Tcode SE15 to find out field names based on descriptions

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction only u can check.press F1 on those fields and then see the technical information,u can find the table and field name..

also from se84 u can find.goto ABAP DICTIONARY->FIELDS->TABLE FIELDS,NOW CLICK ON THAT and then give the short description,u will get the field name.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to transaction se84.

abap dictionary >fields>table fields-->short description (custoer comments)

this will give you a list of fields with the same description and the table where the field is existing.

try giving the description as ustomer comment and ontact note

please award points and close the thread if answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for notes and comments use this table

<b>CACNS_CS_NOTE_P</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Here is the other method to get the field name with description.

Go to se11 &#61664; select the Data type radio button &#61664; place your cursor in the text box and press F4 &#61664; choose search for data elements &#61664; enter your description short description box press enter &#61664; then double click on the data element &#61664; then click on where used list.

Then you will get in which table you are using the data element and field names.

Regards,

Ramakrishna kotha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Go to ST05, Start the trace, run the report, stop the trace. View the trace to find what all tables are used in your standard program.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Harini.S