cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to include Structures in SAP Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to extract data of material master from a 3.1 System, where there is a Structure which contains my required information.

How can i include the fields of the Strucutre into my query?

thanks,

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan

Datas in Structure cannot be retrieved through query. First you have to identify in which table the required field gets stored. For this, goto SE11, type the field name in "<b>Database Table</b>" and select "Display". Some details will be displayed.

Check in "<b>Component</b>" the required field name and double click "<b>Component Type</b>" so that it will go to the subsequent screen "<b>Data Element</b>". Press your browser on "Data Element" field and select "<b>Cntrl + Shift + F3</b>".

You can now see a list of tables in which the said field is being stored. Select anyone table and enter in query and take the data.

Hope this finds you helpful and reward please if so.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

A structure cannot store any data. It is used in various tables to avoid repeating the set of fields. You will dig further and find out which table stored the required data and then use this table in the query.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the same information is stored in some other DB table or transparent table. You can check this by using the where-used button in the SE11 tcode. If it is stored in a table , then use that instead of the structure. Hope this helps