cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA or BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA_UC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning All,

We have upgraded a BW3.1 system to BI7.0 (NW2004s). Since then a few of the data loadings fail in the system throwing an ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT short dump. The dump arises in a line of standard function module BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA (we want to load data from ODS's to cubes).

We have raised a message with SAP, their answer was that BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA was obsolete (as of version NW2004s) and we should use BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA_UC instead. My questions are:

- In my understanding BAPI_ODSO_READ_DATA_UC is for UNICODE systems, but our upgraded system is not Unicode. Do we have to use the new *_UC

function module in NW2004s regardless of the fact that the system is

Unicode or not?

- Is there an easy and quick way to "switch to" the new function module? As I see in our system, this function module is called by standard SAP program SAPLRSODSO_BAPI so I absolutely have no idea on how to change it to use the new FM.

Thanks in advance,

Csaba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

try this SAP Note 830340

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hary, but as I see this note unfortunately has nothing to do with my problem. We are on BI7.0, so I would be surprised if a 2.5 years old note could solve the issue.

Cheers,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to give an update: we have ended up changing the routines to use direct SQL calls instead of using the BAPI.