cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment block in customer/vendors - how to clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have a situation where we have a customer, who is also a vendor. When we receive a remittance from the customer, sometimes they deduct the vendor invoice from the remittance. Because of this we always post invoices to this particular vendor with automatic payment block - so that we do not pay them in error. i.e. the payment crossing in the post!

When we receive payment from the customer, we use transaction f-26 and by selecting more add the vendor to the payment file, however we are not able to allocate the vendor invoice as there is a payment block against it. We know how to take the payment block off,, but this means coming out of F-26, unblocking and then going back in.

Does anyone know of a single transaction that will allow us to unblock a vendor invoice and allocate to a customer payment?

Thanks in advance (hopefully with fingers crossed!)

Jackie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the definition of the payment block reason, there is a flag 'Manual payment block' (T008-XOZSP).

The documentation of this field says:

"Indicator: Blocked for manual payments

Indicator that documents which are flagged with the relevant blocking key cannot also be cleared during manual entry of incoming payments or outgoing payments."

I hope it may help you. I think that by changing this flag, the clearing becomes possible without removing the payment block, but I'm not sure.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1)If the vendor is always excluded in the payment run ,then the master data we can unblock the vendor and make manual payments.But u always have to exclude the vendor from the payment block....without fail.

OR

2) You can uncheck the manual payment block for the payment indicator A and check it for change in payment properties. in "CHECK PAyment BLOCKReasons " in IMG .

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In F-32 you can add the vendor's open items to that of the customers.

You need to go to edit, select more, change the account type to "K" and enter the vendor number.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for the response, but this is not what we are looking for as this means that we would have to go to one transaction to add the payment from the customer and then into F-32 to clear.

What we are looking for is a way to change the payment block on F-26 or another single transaction that would fit all

Thanks

Jackie

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do it in F-26

Go to process open items.

Go to "Edit"

Go to "Select more"

Change the account type to "K" and enter the vendor number.

You may need to make sure Doc type "DZ" is set for for "K" which is easy to do in config.

Message was edited by:

Mark Chalfen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks again, but if the vendor invoice is blocked, we can see it, but cannot allocate it - this is the issue - how to take off the payment block in this screen.

Regards

Jackie

Former Member
0 Kudos

what type of Vendor payment blocks are you using

The MIRO one or a manual block.

If it is a manual block I would look to use some ABAP to write a rule allowing this to be done.

Please note there is nothing standard in the system for you, so you may have to go into 2 transactions or something similar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark and Henri,

Thanks for all your help on this. Now resolved. If I assign payment block B to the vendor invoice - it blocks it for payment (which I want) but allows it to be cleared on F-26 (which is how I want it to work).

Couldn't have done it though without you both. Thanks again

Kind regards

Jackie

Former Member
0 Kudos

no problem, please award points as a way to say thanks