Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Payment block in customer/vendors - how to clear

Hi there,

We have a situation where we have a customer, who is also a vendor. When we receive a remittance from the customer, sometimes they deduct the vendor invoice from the remittance. Because of this we always post invoices to this particular vendor with automatic payment block - so that we do not pay them in error. i.e. the payment crossing in the post!

When we receive payment from the customer, we use transaction f-26 and by selecting more add the vendor to the payment file, however we are not able to allocate the vendor invoice as there is a payment block against it. We know how to take the payment block off,, but this means coming out of F-26, unblocking and then going back in.

Does anyone know of a single transaction that will allow us to unblock a vendor invoice and allocate to a customer payment?

Thanks in advance (hopefully with fingers crossed!)

Jackie

Former Member
Former Member replied

In the definition of the payment block reason, there is a flag 'Manual payment block' (T008-XOZSP).

The documentation of this field says:

"Indicator: Blocked for manual payments

Indicator that documents which are flagged with the relevant blocking key cannot also be cleared during manual entry of incoming payments or outgoing payments."

I hope it may help you. I think that by changing this flag, the clearing becomes possible without removing the payment block, but I'm not sure.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question