Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC process not registerred - but test sm59 ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

problems with IPC!!!

in SM59 the tests are ok for ipc_rfc_dispatcher and ipc_rfc_server_1

but in COM_IPC_SESSION_BEGIN I get a SPC_SERVER_ERROR.

In COMMPR01 in the register CONFIGURATION the system says that

IPC: no registration (Handle=0)

In COM_IPC_SHOW_SERVERS the system shows no servers, only the

dispatcher is in display.

The process is running. The monitor from the ipc-server finds the ipc_rfc_server_1

Can You help me?

Please send me tips and tricks. I need all ideas

Best regards

and thanks for Your answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joost,

in Debug mode I find the ipc_session_get_server_info called from LIPC_API_CFG_COMMANDF01 include in SAPLIPC_API_CFG_COMMAND.

The first function module doesn't find the IPC_RFC_SERVER_1.

In the trace of transaction commpr01 the system jumps from rfcdes directly in the table t100 and the message NACOM_IPC_BASE012 No registration.

Please why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Finding the problem with the IPC server is really difficult.

The only suggestion I could make is to restart all the related services on the server itself. I only did it on a Windows server, there you need to go to configuration->administrative tools->services (or start->run 'services.msc') and there restart all Java related services.

I'm pretty sure the IPC server simply has crashed. To be exact, the instance is still running (that's why the RFC test works) but the Java logic isn't working anymore (this explains why IPC_SESSION_BEGIN returns no data). Also check the memory consumption on the machine and see if any Java related process uses abnormal high amount of memory, this is very common with IPC since it's full of memory leaks.

If that doesn't solve your problem I would run through the CRM Master Guide and check all configuration steps to achieve an IPC scenario.

Did the IPC server actually ever worked?

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joost,

thank You for Your answer and excuse my late answer.

Till now I start the processes only, not the server.

I learned that the transaction commpr01 and the register "configuration" ist a good test for IPC. In the trace it's look like for me that the destination IPC_RFC_DISPATCHER was found, but the problems starts with the ..._SERVER_1.

H=%%RFCSERVER%%,G=10.3.21.165,g=sapgw47,N=IPC_RFC_DISPATCHER,T=Y,R=N,

this is the entry for Dispatcher in rfcdes

H=%%RFCSERVER%%,G=10.3.21.165,g=sapgw47,N=IPC_RFC_SERVER_1,R=N,

this is the entry for server in the rfcdes.

Do You have an idea, what i can check next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Restart the IPC server on the windows machine where the IPC is running.

See CRM master guide or CRM best practices for more information. If I remember correctly the IPC can be found under Services in the configuration panel.

The IPC is a very delicate piece of software, in a productive scenario we have at least two IPC servers with one dispatcher. Each night both of the IPC servers are restarted (of course not at the same time) through a batch job, this solved most of our IPC problems during the day. (IPC has several memory leaks so memory is increasing during time until....BAM )

Hope this helps,

Reward points if useful,

Kind regards,

Joost