cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA Product catalog - export not in TREX but in other application???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I want to know

for Internet sales

the complete product catalog from R/3 or CRM

can I export it in other applications than TREX?

The reason is that we want to use another Search machine as TREX.

I think the transaction COMM_PCAT_EXPORT is for export the catalog

for a specialized business partner.

Is this right?

Unfortunately I haven't the sap help for CRM.

Thank You for Your answers.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

thank You for Your answer.

We have CRM 4.0 SP08 based on 620.

It is a desire our customer to use another search engine like TREX.

For the complete catalog, is this the right way to select Complete Donwload without business partner in transaction COMM_PCAT_EXPORT?

Thank You for Your answer.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Catalog publishing and catalog export are 2 diffrent scenarios that are possible in CRM or in ECC. You can publish the catalog content only onto SAP TREX, so that customers can access the catalog via ISA webshop. Publishing to another search engine other than TREX is not possible.

Catalog content (entire content or customer specific content) can also be exported to a XML file, so that off-line customers can view the static XML file in the browser. You may use this XML file as an input to another third party search engine, provided the 3rd party search engine accepts this file.

From CRM 5.0 onwards, we have a new feature where you can directly publish catalogs from ECC server onto CRM TREX server. No need to download the catalogs into CRM server.

Let me know, if you want further info.

<b>Do not forget to reward if it helps,</b>

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess will be that the ...Export is for exporting the Catalog as XML document, not to anotehr server. SAP provides Trex for search and retrieval of catalogs. Thats supported and madatory. If you want to use CRM catalog, then you have to use Trex. Otherwise, if you want to use anotehr search engine for catalog, why not put your catalogs in that engine and use OCI in ISA? Open catalog interface will put a url hook in your ISA application and you can access your products from anotehr server.

Also, just curious, can you not access http://help.sap.com from internet?

Good luck!