cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.caf.core Data Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are developing CAF Project.Now,I am working on creating entity services.In the SAP documentation it is given that we should use com.sap.caf.core data types for creating entity service attributes and the com.sap.caf.base data types should be used only for creating external services.In the Documentation,only minimum information is given about com.sap.caf.core data types.i want to know more details about core data types.Can you plz send some link abt those data types.

Thanks

Sampah.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Please have a look at this link:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/78a5fd869b6fcbe10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">Data Types</a>

In general the most puzzling thing is to find the suitable mapping of datatypes and to handle the restrictions of the core data types.

hope this helps,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank U Rene for your immediate reply.I have all ready seen that url which you have sent me.Only minimum infomation is given in that.I want some more details abt them.Is there any other document?.

Thanks

Sampath.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

i don't know any other document. But if you can ask more specific we can possibly answer your question. I guess it is a matter of experiance to handle the caf core data types... sorry.

hope this helps,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rene,

we are using web services for remote persistensy.There are some fiels in web services(ex:id,expenditure,description etc) which are of type integer,long and string.In core data types there is no corresponding integer data type.Next can we map id filed to id data type?.

Thanks

Sampath.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

i would advice to take long for the integer. If you use id i don't know if this will work. the inbuilt type of caf core datatype "id" is a String (see link above) of fixed length of 36. if this matches your id datatype in your web service you can use it. but i would advice to use a short or long text, because i am not sure of any restriction when using id (mandatory field, etc...)

If you cannot find a suitable field in caf core, use the base datatypes. they work as well

hope this helps,

rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

But,in the documentation it is given that we can,t use base data typs for entity services.

thankas

Sampath.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

would you mind to post this paragraph?

in my actual project i use for example com.sap.caf.base.boolean and this works perfectly. There might be restriction of using the base type e.g. if you created a find by method in entity Service for this attribute... but in general you are able to use them.

hope this helps,

Rene