cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding of UI element properties to attributes of node elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Is it possible to bind UI element properties to attributes of node-elements or may they only be bound to independent attributes in the root context node?

If I try to bind the properties of dynamically created UI-element to different node elements attributes, it seems not to be working as they always only bound to the node element with the highest index.

Any comments appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You are binding to metadata (IWDAttributeInfo) and there is no difference whether it is attribute of root (context) or nested node. So the answer to your question is "Yes, sure"

What is displayed by UI control depends on data, i.e. <b>current lead selected element</b> in node. I do not understand well term "the node element with the highest index", but probably you just have to select necessary element in node to see correct output?

VS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Instead of dynamically creating the uielements i will suggest you to change their visibility property from WDVisibility.NONE to WDVisibility.VISIBLE. but for that the number of questions should be fixed or atleast less in number.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Binding of UIElement properties to node elements is notpossible. Explain your scenario so that we can help you

Regards

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Leena!

It's my old clientsurvey-scenario again, and I should really be more precise with the description of my problem:

In a view, I have to display a number of questions and answer-possibilities. Answer-possibilities are either textual input (TextEdit), Single-Choice (RadioButton) or Multiple-Choice (CheckBoxes).

At design-time I do neither know how many questions I have to put into the view nor which type of answer-UI-element will be necessary - that's why I do have to create these UI elements dynamically.

I also have to save the answers, so I have to create corresponding context-elements, which hold the following data:

-) ID of the question

-) if TextEdit: answer-text, if CheckBox or RadioButton:

ID of answer

For questions with TextEdit or RadioButtons, there's one answer-dataset for each question, for RadioButtons there may be as many answers as offered.

Therefore I do have to bind the keyToSelect-props of all CheckBox-answer-possibilities to the same attribute of the same dataset (in order to create a group) and the checked-property of each CheckBox to a new dataset.

I hope, I could somehow clear transport what my problem is!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Thomas