cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW for ABAPer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam doing ABAP now.Iam thinking of doing a functional module to make it as added advantage in my resume.How about doing BW?Which functional module is preferrable?Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

if u konow ABAP,BW is very easy and it is good.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

Can you please expand on your statement to show how BW is very easy if you know ABAP...your views will provide us better understanding of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

In BW we use to create generic extractions using table,views,function modules like that ....... Abaper knows how to create a table,view,func module but BWer may or may not know all these.And in enhancements,routines coding part will be there.I think ABAP is an added advantage for BW.Plz don't mind if i say any thing wrong.

Thanks,

Siri

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

There is nothing to mind...I just wanted to know your perspective. Yes, from the coding and enhancement point of view, ABAP knowledge is very useful. But there is a lot to BW apart from the coding. I have seen projects and the entire BW system being reimplemented because of trying to do everything with ABAP and not taking into account how the BW system is different from OLTP systems.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

I am working on Reports(3.5).If u have any documents with screen shots regarding reports and work books,could u plz provide me.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri,

Have you read through SAP help? It provides the step by step on how to create queries and workbooks...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I would suggest that you first go thru the basic information of all the function modules and understand its basic. After going thru the fundamentals section you yourself decide which functional modules you like most and where your most interest and then accordingly decide about the module.

Also check these:

SAP Modules and Solutions Overview:

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_Modules.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_R/3

Regards,

Subhasha