cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File size for Already CheckedIn documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have got a requirement to find the file size for already checked in files in DMS.

I can find the file size for the file which can be uploaded currently..

Since the checked in file are stores in different storage category, I couldnt find the filepath..

How can I acheive this?

Please Help me out...

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You can read the file size by using the function module 'SDOK_PHIOS_FILE_PROPERTIES_GET'. It asks for 'Object ID' and 'class'. You got the Object ID (LOIO-ID) of originals (LO_OBJID) from the table 'DMS_DOC2LOIO' or by executing report DMS_KPRO_READ.

For executing the function module 'SDOK_PHIOS_FILE_PROPERTIES_GET' to get the file-size of originals, you would have to fill the two fields 'CLASS' and 'OBJID' of the originals in the input table 'OBJECT_FILEPROPERTIES'. Then, when you execute, it will display the filesize of the required originals.

To get the 'Class' and 'ObjID' of the originals, execute the FM 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2' by giving the Document number, type, part and version.The table 'Document Files' gives all the details of the originals, from which you can get the 'File_ID'. It refers to 'OBJID'.

In the table 'DMS_PH_CD1', you can search for the 'Class' of the original by giving 'PHIO_ID' as the 'OBJID' value. The class is DMS_PCD1. This is the only existing class in the DMS area.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for usefull information

former_member496307
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

we have linked an IXOS archive server to DMS (KPRO) and I would like to find out the file sizes of the originals. Here we store most of our PLM DMS objects.

Your description is perfect - but does not help in my case.

Why: the connection of our IXOS server does not have an RFC connection defined. So I cant use your proposed solution with help of function module 'SDOK_PHIOS_FILE_PROPERTIES_GET' as this needs an RFC connection.

Question is how to get this info (different way) ?
Or how to define this needed RFC connction ?

Unfortunatley I did not get support from the IXOS guys.

Thanks in advance for your help - Wolfgang