Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MAS 4.0 to MAS 5.0

Hi all,

Im starting in a project soon where they will upgrade from CRM 4.0 to 5.0, they use Mobile Sales. They have a working Mobile Sales Application.

My task will be to build exactly the same application for 5.0 with the Mobile Application Studio. I will have to develop it all over again from scratch right? because in 5.0 its vb.NET?

Or is there some way to re-use parts from the developments in 4.0?

And concerning the vb code, just wondering if the vb.NET is alot different, do i need to change lots of coding?

I would love to get some info about all this, maybe someone who has already done a MAS 4.0 to 5.0 upgrade?

Thx!

Martin

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Martin,

You are correct! The code migration tool takes care to migrate your 4.0 vb code to the 5.0 .net code. Please read carefully the upgrade guide before running CMT.

CMT usually takes 10-20 hours for the migration and the output of this tool is a changelist. The chagelist then can be imported via MAR upgrade to 5.0.

Also, 5.0 SP09 requires MS Visual studio 2005. MS SQL server 2005 (developer edition) is supported. If installing IPC on SQL server 2005, please apply note 1085062.

Best Regards,

Ramesh.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question