cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAS 4.0 to MAS 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im starting in a project soon where they will upgrade from CRM 4.0 to 5.0, they use Mobile Sales. They have a working Mobile Sales Application.

My task will be to build exactly the same application for 5.0 with the Mobile Application Studio. I will have to develop it all over again from scratch right? because in 5.0 its vb.NET?

Or is there some way to re-use parts from the developments in 4.0?

And concerning the vb code, just wondering if the vb.NET is alot different, do i need to change lots of coding?

I would love to get some info about all this, maybe someone who has already done a MAS 4.0 to 5.0 upgrade?

Thx!

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have performed 4.0 to 5.0 upgrade many a times being at SAP. There is no need to develop a new application in 5.0 when upgrading from 4.0 to 5.0.

All the code in 4.0 can be migrated to 5.0 using a tool called Code Migration Tool (CMT). This is a tool developed at SAP and shipped to customers with every 5.0 SP. The entire upgrade process is now very smooth.

The upgrade guide for the latest SP's is available on SMP. It will be very helpful to read the guide before proceeding to upgrade.

www.service.sap.com/instguides

Also, check note number 852743 (Collective note for 5.0). This will give other note numbers specific to SP's released in 5.0.

Also, you can ask me any other questions related to this upgrade.

Best Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

We are upgrading to 5.0 SP09, and i have read the guide now. Very interesting, this Code Migration Tool.

So there is no need for new developments AT ALL? I always thought that i needed to do everything again, but then in the Mobile Application Studio for 5.0 wich is now included in the Visual Studio. So there is no need to redo all the tilesets, tiles, coding in events, new comboboxes, changes to BO's, etc... this all gets done by this Code Migration Tool?

Thx!

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You are correct! The code migration tool takes care to migrate your 4.0 vb code to the 5.0 .net code. Please read carefully the upgrade guide before running CMT.

CMT usually takes 10-20 hours for the migration and the output of this tool is a changelist. The chagelist then can be imported via MAR upgrade to 5.0.

Also, 5.0 SP09 requires MS Visual studio 2005. MS SQL server 2005 (developer edition) is supported. If installing IPC on SQL server 2005, please apply note 1085062.

Best Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome!

Thx!

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome!

Answers (0)