cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r3setup dbexport with parallel import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning a heterogenous system migration using a database export.

(R3SETUP DBEXPORT) for SAP 4.6B (UNIX - DB2)

The database size is 400GB big. After this export and import I also need to upgrade to ECC 6.0

If possible during 1 weekend

So some questions for people who have already done this before:

1. Is it possible to start the installation of the new 4.6B system using IMPORT files when the EXPORT is still being processed ? I heard this was possible but I did not find any information yet. Of course we need to use several files instead of 1 big file then.

2. Who can estimate how big my DB export will be ? DB2 V6 size = 400GB.

3. I have no choice but to dump on a networkshare (NFS) as there is not enough local storage. Will this cause problems ?

Thank you for your time !

Bye

Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans

see SAP Note

784118 System Copy Java Tools 

How to use the tools ( Migration Monitor , Package Splitter ... ) see the related documentation .

Best regards

dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

it is not possible to do both steps on one weekend. Only the upgrades takes several days.

1. Yes, it is possible. Addition to improve the speed of your export/import you should create more than sixteen export files

2. Maybe 20GB

3. You should not do this, but if you have no other choise.... The problem is the following. The data export is a stream. If you get an network error, you can have as a result data crap.

4. A lot of this information you get, if you go to the sap course for os/db-migration.

Anyway as long as you aren't certificed for os/db-migration you arn't allowed to do the os/db migration.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alexander for your feedback.

Do you have some additional information regarding point 1 ?

"parallel export - import" ?

A SAP help link or someting because I cannot find any information regarding it.

Thank you very much for your help

Kind Regards

Hans