Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gui_download

Former Member
0 Kudos

while moving internal table entries to excel file the field items are not displayed in adjacent cells in excel file. Im using few fields only in table MARA and in select query i have used corresponding fields to table itab.

I want these fields to be displayed in adjacent columns(cells) in the excel file

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The order in which fields are present in internal table,yo get the same order in excel file also.How come you are getting blanks

Message was edited by:

Raghu Reddy

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rishi..

Paste the code .. so that i can check the probelm

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use field seperator in GUI_DOWNLOAD as '#', this will solve the problem

• reward if helpful**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I guess the file to which you are downloading the data is either a text file or some other format.

What you can do is in case it is a text file to be opened in notepad.

Open the MS Excel application,click on Open from the File on the menu bar and select the file in which you have the data.t gives you a pop up and select Delimited option from there.In the next screen choose the checkbox like Tab or comma or whichever way you like the data to be displayed.

And you will see the data being displayed in adjacent columns.

If in case,the data is not at all picked up in the excel file,let me know for further clarifications.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.