Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While printing the smart form with specified printer name on the selection screen by default system is taking first four characters only before calling the smart form function module but my printer name contains 12 characters that is why I am not able to test it whether printing is coming or not. How to resolve this problem. But I saw in some standard transactions the system is considering that 12 characters printer name also but in my case system is taking first four characters only and is giving the error message printer is not found I am taking the structure ssfcompop for passing printer name to smart form function module. Please help me. I will give points.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Jelena
Active Contributor

You need to pass the "short name" of the printer, which is stored in TSP03-PADEST. There is a conversion routine on it - SPDEV. Function Modules:

CONVERSION_EXIT_SPDEV_INPUT

CONVERSION_EXIT_SPDEV_OUTPUT

In one of my programs I defined the Printer Name parameter as TYPE tsp03-padest and it's working perfectly: the users can select the name from the drop-down and the correct name is passed to the Smartform.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hello Jelena!

This comment was super useful to make a back-to-standard in a customer project related to Fiori App "Print Labels" in SAP S/4HANA 2020.

A huge custom modification to standard class cl_im_rtst_pl_printers was done by customer, to use PADEST attribute during all standard validations before label printing. This function CONVERSION_EXIT_SPDEV_OUTPUT worked perfectly! - All modifications were removed.

Thanks!