cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario in which the Material type is ERSA, the MRP type is VB & the reorder point is 260. If i run MRP a PR gets generated for 260. I convert this PR to PO. I go back to the PO change the Delivery date and run the MRP again. Once again a PR gets generated. How to avoid this. Some config needs to be done

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether you have maintained the rescheduling horizon in plant parameters

oppq and the try to run MRP.

Try to increase this horizon and check whether your PO falls within this horizon.

Now if you run MRP no PR will be created.

Regards,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks. I had not maintained the Scheduling parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the PR appearing in the MD04 before the second run of MRP?

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya,

Surprising but Intresting to know that Scheduling parameters played a role in getting the second order ? Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

I also wondered why he has given 10 points for me to this query.

I asked him to check whether he has maintained rescheduling horizon in plant parameters and he replied that he has not maintained the scheduling parameters.

If my ans is wrong is there any way to revoke the points and if so i request

priya to revoke the ponits awarded to me.

Regards,

nandha

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandha,

I am not trying to say that answer is wrong!!! or What Priya replied was wrong, I think you have mistaken my words.

I just wanted to know what was the real factor which created the second order, as this was the second thread on the same topic.

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

you have not mentioned the Lot size, Normally for Manual Reorder point planning - (VB) you can use Lot size" HB " - Replenish up to maximum stock level. then maitain the maximum stock level in the MRP1 screen lot size data.

Also maintain safety stock

now MRP will not create any new PR in addition to what ever created first time as the scheduled order quantity will be the difference between the safety stock and the Maximum stock level.

hope this helps

BR

SK

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya,

What is the lot size procedure you are using? Is there a Safety stock defined? Please let us know the details.

Regards,

Prasobh