Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORMS query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SMARTFORMS,

1)we create driver program and call ''SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'' and call that form name 'zgkform' and pass a variable(data fm name type rs38L_fnam) to FM_NAME.The next function module will be something like ''/1BCDWB/SF00000007''.....Why do we pass variable to FM_name?

2)Is following table right

<b><u>Action Purpose</u></b>

i)Declaration in Import tab Passing parameters to SMARTFORMS

ii)Declaration in Tables in To get data from corresponding table in ABAP program

iv)Workarea in Global definitions To put data from internal table

v)Loop in Data tab To pull records from internal table to Workarea

vi)dragging text To display data from selected records

Is my undertanding Correct?Correct me if Iam wrong

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for action purpose your assumptions are correct.to get table data from application progarm , if u are using table type of database table u can declare it in import tab

or in tables tab. if it was a global structure try to declare it in tables tab .

reward points if useful

regards,

neelima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That function module varies from client to client. It will not be same function module for everytime and for every client. If we change some thing the contents in the function module will change . So we will get old output if we use same FM.

Assign points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say that ''/1BCDWB/SF00000007''..... will vary from client to client,hence we use varial fm_name.But we are just assigning the variable,not calling the function module FM instead we are calling the same function ''/1BCDWB/SF00000007''.....again.Why?