cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication AII - Device Controller - How to debug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am working here with a (newly developed) 3rd party device controller and I try to figure out, what the DC really sends to AII. Is there somewhere a possibility inside AII, to check what was really sent by the DC software? Some kind of a http log file or so? Where I can check, if the HTTP status messages, sent by the DC, are really correct.

At this time, I just get errors in AII, when AII sends a XML message to the DC. When I try to send an EPC number to the DC ("Write EPC" in transaction /AIN/WRITETAG), AII just answers: "Failing during HTTP communication; error;". Thats not enough information to be able to figure out, where the problem exactly lies, I think.

Thanks in advance,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes

You can use SICF monitoring to view messages from the device controller. Here is how to set it up:

1) start transaction SICF and select DEFAULT HOST -> SAP -> SCM -> AIN node.

2) Then select from EDIT menu: RECORDER -> ACTIVATE RECORDER.

3) The popup window is displayed. Enter options you need; e.g., user, all users, request, request + response, ..., and press ACTIVATE button.

To view recorded messages: select from EDIT menu: RECORDER -> DISPLAY RECORDING. You can also deactivate recording from the same EDIT menu. Be sure to deactivate it when you are done to prevent performance issues in real-life scenarios.

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

great tips!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes!

Also, CCMS monitoring shows alerts, device group performance and write rate.

To do this in AII, first check in the IMG (transaction SPRO) to see if it is set up following this procedure:

1) Auto ID Infrastructure-> Conditions & Rules -> Conditions & Message Types -> Define Condition

Types, Application Log & Monitoring per message type.

2) Double click on Enable CCMS alert for message type and make sure that Fixed Reader Message is on the list.

To monitor from from the messages from the SAP menu, goto Auto ID Infrastructure -> Monitoring RZ20 CCMS Monitoring, or just go to transaction RZ20. Once there, do the drop-down on SAP Auto-ID and double-click on the line for Auto-ID. In there, you can display any alerts...

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

from the AII system do the following:

1) transaction: SMICM

2) GOTO->TRACE LEVEL->Increase

3) GOTO->Trace File->Reset

4) Write EPC

5) GOTO->Trace File->Display File

with this you should see what AII sent to DC.

If you want to monitor what arrive at DC, you could buy http-monitors or ask the DC vendor to give you some monitoring tools.

Other way is not sending directly to DC but send to XI and from XI to DC. In this case i can monitor the message in XI itself.

kind regards,

Peter Ha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter!

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,

Johannes