Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who cares to SAP Business ByDesign ?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am surprised when heard about SAP Business ByDesign (SAP BBD). I have posted here the message title : The Future of SAP Business One and most of us care to this issue.

It seems to me this new product planned to be a bridge between All-in-One and SAP B1, so the SMB could feel how it tastes to use semi All-in-One without paying a lot for installation.

What will be happened to SAP Business One ? Upgrading to SAP BBD ? Is SAP B1 going to be not available anymore cause seems many patch level release to fix errors ?

I wish all of us here could give comments or opinion including SAP staff itself.

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Judging by Henning Kagermann speech in Septermber, I got the feeling that SBO will be eventually be replaced by SAP BBD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

pls find here a comparison of SAP's SME business solutions: http://www.sap.com/solutions/sme/solution_comparison/index.epx

Hope this helps understanding that SAP Business One and SAP Business by Design are adressing different needs and target markets.

Regards,

Markus Fuchs

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tks for your info. Who is Henning Kagermann ? what are the causes that provocated her to speak it ? If the SBO is diminished ? it means SAP AG want all current SAP B1 end users upgrade it to SAP BBD. Will it not make them angry ?

I suspect that SAP fails to maintain SAP B1 because to many patch levels, errors , bugs and anything that could lead the SAP brand name down like meteorite down from sky to earth...

Rgds

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Tks for the link. Everyone here could really be helpful caused you give the link. Is this product has actually been in the incubator or still in the uterus ?

I am not sure if it will be available within 1-2 years from now but if the prospectus customers has read the pdf and request it to be available as soon as possible in markets in all countries including india.

Rgds,

JM

-shahak-

Former Member
0 Kudos

From this page http://www.sap.com/solutions/sme/businessbydesign/customers/index.epx it appears the product is not only ready for market, but SAP already has several customers using it and giving testimonials. I find this surprising, as when I inquired to an SAP rep via phone, I was told there was no such product, and "not to hold my breath" waiting for one to be developed.

Answers (0)