Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query On Implementation of SAP Note

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can you enlighten me the process of implementing SAP Notes.

One of the field is not showing up in Q system and there is SAP note for that. I am little curious to know as in how to implement a Note. Is it the right way to do it Q system directly or should it be done in any correction system and it automatically reflects in Q system?

Kindly enlighten me the process of implementing SAP notes.

Answers highly apprecited and points will be rewarded!!

Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

Message was edited by:

Mohan

MohanKumar K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MohanKumar,

1. You need to first check the patch level of your system i.e application patch level. i f it is less than the patch level provided in note then you have to apply the note otherwise no need.

2. click on proper link i.e. 460 500 etc. depending on your system. This will display the code correction and prrequisite notes if any.

3. Again check whether you need to apply prerequisite notes. I yes then you need to apply them first.

4. After that click on the object name you need to change. This will display code correction for the given note.

5. Context block is the blcok to be searched in the object, delete block has to be deleted and indsert block has to be added.

6. Save and activate the changes.

7. you need to get access keys from Basis person to change the standard objects.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Supriya

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya

Thanks for ur help.I think this is your first 6 points. Goodluck

Rgds

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

Thanks for the update, if your problem is solved you may close this question, it will be useful to begginers. I guess you did't like my enlightenment...:)

Regards,

Hari.

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Hari

It was pretty usefull Hari. No doubt about that. You know there are diffrent ways of doing or getting to the solution. I was just expecting one more :).

Actually i marked the query as answered right when i saw your answer however did not close the thread.

have anice day

Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

Message was edited by:

MohanKumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

It's a simple task but before that try to check why it's needed in Qality only? Are the patches level in DEV, QAS are not same?what abt. PRD?.

If you have same patches( like SAP_APPL) level, you need to apply a note start from DEV then to QAS and PRD.

Here is a document link with procedure to apply SNOTE, it will help you alot.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6a/15ef3957fd0a1be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Hari.