cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Material by Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to extend large no of materials to other plant in the same sales org and distribution channel. If I have few materials can be extended to other plant each one by going thru MM01, copy material from plant, sales org, dist channel.

Kindly help me how to extend if large no of materials to be extended by plant?

Regards,

Vamsi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Use Batch Imput Recording SM35.

Award points if it helps.

Thanks

Mohan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

There are many techniques available for changing data on a large basis for same parameters like CATT, MASS, LSMW, BDC.

You can use transaction MASS and can give object type BUS1001001(material: retail) or BUS1001 Material:Industry) and execute.

Then select the table MARC as you need to change Plant data and execute. Provide necessary information and execute.

This transaction MASS updates information at table level. So ensure all the things before using the transaction.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamsi,

As your requirement can do one way

first do upload or import your materials as what materials you want to extend in excel sheet in excel sheet change plant name and if you want to change any data change here then using LSMW export your data to MMO1

so your total materials will be availble in wich plant you want and also bulk materials can do

Hope this helps you

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a LSMW for the material extension, we have the similar issue we have created a LSMW where we give the reference plant and extend the material to other plants...

Regards,

Noopur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

You can also use the CATT technique for mass updation.

Regards

NP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi <b>Vamsi</b>,

Goto Tcode <b>MM46</b> in Material mass maintenece and check the plant data for material and execute. Here you can do for a number of plants simultaneously.

Similarly you can go to <b>MM50</b> and extend the material views for a long list of plants.

Award points if helpful.

Thanks