Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How ABAP Client Proxy works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one scenario

File Sender Adapter sends file to IDOC Adapter for posting of measurement documents. After posting I need to send back status (success/failure) of measurement documents back to SAP XI.

How can it be done.

Can it be done through ABAP Client Proxy (but how we can trigger report for Abap Proxy for this) . Is there any other solution for it.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

<b>client’ proxy</b> is used by an application to send messages outside of the system it resides in (normally to the IS in this context).

Client Proxies talks about the implementation of Client Proxy (For the Outbound Interface created during Design time). It also discusses the sending out of Data using Proxies

<b>For more details have alook on these links</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3dfac358-0d01-0010-5598-d4900e81...

<b>To test a connection</b> - /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

<b>Client Proxy</b> - /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

<b>ABAP Proxy Runtime</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<b>

ABAP Proxies:</b>

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/13/integration-builders-through-proxy-server-part--2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

<b>ON SDN TV</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=abap%20proxy%20xi&cat=sdn_all&start=11#

<b>Check this document on how to do this (section 3.4):</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3dfac358-0d01-0010-5598-d4900e81...

<b>Check the blog by Stefan Grube for reference,</b>

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi henry,

<b>File Sender Adapter sends file to IDOC Adapter for posting of measurement documents. After posting I need to send back status (success/failure) of measurement documents back to SAP XI.</b>

u can get it using Idoc .In case of Idoc u will get acknowledgement.So if Idoc is posted into SAP sucessfully Xi will get a Success response or else Failure response

Any flat file to any IDoc

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

File to IDoc troubleshooting

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

Why u need abap proxy???

In FILE to IDOc scenario u cant use proxy.Proxy is different.

Regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

When I post Idoc where do we get acknowledgement in SAP XI because I have worked with IDOC's but they are always Async in nature. So how I will get there acknowledgement in SAP XI

Also Can I send this acknowledgement to another system using File Receiver Adapter

For the above purpose only I was using Abap client proxy.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

The IDoc is generated by the Receiver system on processing of the IDocs...

I think if you want to route the Acknowledgement to another system using the file receiver this is completely possible but you may need some BPM in there...

You are correct about the Async nature of an IDoc... The acknowledgment doesn't change this fact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

acknowledgement will be created in R/3 not in XI.But i guess u can route it to XI.

Have a look @ these threads...

Regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it with a proxy... You need to customize the inbound processing module for your IDoc so that as well as posting the IDoc it also triggers the proxy.

Generaly you have all your logic in the processing module and then execute the proxy's methods exporting the require values from within that produle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

So you mean that while posting IDOCS logic will be written that after their posting their success/failure response will triiger report and it will trigger abap client proxy and data will be sent to XI

Regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a word yes... I have a similar scenario on my current project whereby I actually take the status messages as well and put all of these into a receipt message (File) which is sent back to a non-sap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

So I think so my scenario can be correct in followinf manner

Ist Conf Scenario

File Sender Adapter ---XI --- IDOC Receiver Adapter

While posting IDOCS logic will be written that their success/failure acknowledgement response will triiger report and it will trigger abap client proxy and data will be sent to XI

2nd Conf Scenario

Abap Client Proxy -- XI -- File Receiver Adapter

Pls confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there will be two flows but don't neccessarily need to be two individual scenarios in the config directory.

Since they relate to the same scenario you should probably keep them together....

Or name the scenarios in such a way that it is clear that one related to the other.

But yer that would be the config...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How r u trying to trigger the report through Idoc?

First of all if u want only Idoc acknowledgement in XI, u can do this by configuring ALEAUD meassages.

In ur scenario, a better design would be with BPM: File - XI - ABAP Proxy (sync). This would then also comply to wht Alex is suggesting, i.e., to keep the interfaces together

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I go with File - XI - ABAP Proxy (sync) then how I will work with Idoc Adapter.

While posting IDOCS logic will be written that after their posting their success/failure response will triiger report and it will trigger abap client proxy and data will be sent to XI.

Pls confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Prateek,

By going File - XI - ABAP Proxy (sync) scenario

Now if response reaches SAP XI but How I will send this response to another system without BPM as it is Async Sync Interface

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Please look in to these links.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c9/74246d8ad2447799063d39013e9a11/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

**Reward points if helpfull***