cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax accounts with blank business area

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Input Tax GL code and the VAT GL accounts are getting posted with blank business areas.

The issue is while executing MIRO entry.... the following FI document entry is generated:

Provision for RM account Dr

VAT RM input tax Recv a/c Dr

To Vendor

In the above document except Vat RM input tax other two line items are generated with Business area.

The BA field status at GL and posting Key level has been defined as mandatory fields.

KIndly advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this kind of scenario to get BA in Tax line items we can opt for Business Place.

Business Place can be used at WTH Tax or for Local Taxes.

We can assing Business Place to a Plant Cross-Application Components>General Application Functions>Nota Fiscal>CNPJ Business Places>Assign Business Places to Plants.

Plant is assinged with BA in T-code OMJ7.

Ultimately my Business Place is assigned to a BA.

In MIRO when we double click the Tax line item we can enter a business place. By default Plant-BP-BA are mapped.

Thanks

Colin Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out for the default settings in OKB9

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem, the FI document is saved without BA (in FB60), but when I check the document in FB03, the BA is filled automatically (the BA is the same for debit and credit).

andreea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji Mohanty,

The business area field will be blank entry for those automatic postings(Ex:- Tax accounts, reconcillation accounts, cash discounts accounts).

You need to maintain configuration in T-code OBXM

At the month end you need to run business area adjsutmet postiongs

F.5d and F.5E to post business area postings

Regards

Ashish Jain

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis,

As suggested by you, we have generated the IU postings F.5D and F.5E respectively ... but the credit entry for the Tax account is not generated even after the IU run. Hence the balance in the balnk business area still exists.

Pls advice.

Shivaji

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis,

As suggested by you, in TC-OBXM i have made the mapping as follows 1..For adjusment account for tax account, the recon, a/c is VAT input receivable a/c & corresponding adjustment a/c is same. 2. for adjusment a/c for reconciliation a/c, the recon a/c is any receiva ble/payble a/c & corresponding adjustment a/c is IU account{ one G/L}. Then we have generated the balance sheet adjustment postings in F.5D and F.5E respectively ... but the credit entry for the Tax account is not generated even after the above execution run. Hence the balance in the balnk business area still exists. It is very urgent.

Pls advice.

Shivaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u need to apply OSS note regarding this issue. In 2005 after VAT implementation we had the same problem and rectified the same after OSS note.

I didn't remeber that note number.

You can easily find out the same in oss

all the best

Prasad

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for giving me some tips.But before that i would like to mention that the entire process of this B/S adjustment posting in TC-f.5d & f.5e was working properly till july 2007.but after july 2007 we had a merger of two business area.after that only the problem has started.Hence will u please advice me how to proceed now

Thanks

shivaji