cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 6.2 upgrade to WAS 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to upgrade from WAS 6.2 to WAS7.0.

1. Can we directly upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0 we can bypass going to 6.4?

2. Or do we need to upgrade from WAS 6.2 to WAS6.4 and then to 7.0 ?

3. We also have few BSP applications on 6.2.

What would be the impact on them. Do we need to transport them after upgrade or do we need to reimplement them ( i.e. COpy, paste & activate ).

Any pointers would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The only question which is still not clarified is what would be impact on BSP application which is residing on WAS 6.2.

Do we have to move transports of BSP application after upgrade or do we need to reimplement BSP application(copy, paste,activate) after upgrade.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

One last question:

I am not able to figure out the Impact on BSP application after upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0.

I couldnt find BSP in the link https://service.sap.com/instguides.

Could you please let me know the exact link or the impact on BSP after upgrade.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I assume that you are on Unix/Oracle.

I feel there is nou such impact as this Upgrade Path is made Available by SAP.

But still you may need to check following before upgrade

1) For WAS 6.20, you can perform an upgrade from a Unicode system to a Unicode system so you need to check for Your system.

2) The procedure for copying modifications to the standard SAP system has now changed. so check out the new procedure

Pls refer note 905029 and also go thru other notes for database which are relevent to your scenario.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanks for the immediate response.

Could you please let me know, whether there would be any impact if we do a direct upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0 ?

If yes, what would be the impact.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

YES you can directly upgrade from WAS 620 to WAS 7.00 Stack.

Please check with your current(Source) stack, incase if it is a Dual Stack then you will have to perform a Synchrinized dual stack Upgrade (BOTH ABAP + JAVA STACK)

The Impact pf this upgrade is that your SAP system will now run on Nw04s and have all the advantages of Nw04s i.e WAS 7.00.

1) WAS 620 was not that stable as WAS 7.00 (more on WAS J2EE)...

2) WAS 620 was having quite less featues of New components, where as in Nw04s you have many new and useful features!

3) WAS 7.00 you can have Webdynpro abap as well as java, New tool such as NWA, JSPM, iviews templated, and much more .

4) The ITS is itegrated in Nw04s!

there are many more advatages of using WAS 7.00 Stack ...

such as

Business intelligence (enhanced query, analysis, and reporting; integrated business planning; high performance analytics)

Enterprise portal (federated portal network)

Development (Web Dynpro for ABAP; Switch Framework supporting multiple industry solutions)

Mobile (enhanced administration capabilities to operate large mobile landscapes)

For more details please refer to the link : http://service.sap.com/netweaver

Regards,

Prem

Message was edited by:

Premkishan Chourasia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

1. Can we directly upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0 we can bypass going to 6.4?

YES .you can directly upgrade SAP Web AS ABAP 6.40, 6.20, 6.10, SAP Basis 4.6D to System with usage type SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP

For details regd impact on BSP application pls refer the latest Upgrade guide/ Master guide on https://service.sap.com/instguides

Award Points if helpful

Regards

Umesh