cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process multiple IDOCs and output single file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I will be getting multiple idocs of the same structure from R/3, I have to receive them and send it to the receiver as one single file.

I had seen the below weblog /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm where the IDOC is collected and gathered in an XML format in R/3 application directory, but I don't want to do that.

I had seen michal's weblog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change where it describes sending multiple IDOCs to receiver. Is the otherway round possible. I wanted R/3 to send multiple IDOCs to XI in one single call so that XI processes these IDOCs and output as a single file.

What my assumption is that even if I directly collect the idocs at R/3 and schedule a job to send it to XI through a single transaction call, XI will treat the collected idocs from R/3 as individual messages and will map them individually and then send them as individual message to the reciever. Thereby if we are sending 20 IDOCs the output will be 20 files, which I don't want. What I want is a single output file with all the collected IDOCs data. I want to achieve this without BPM at the same time don't want to use the IDOCXML format way.

will appreciate for the best approach.

krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is definitelt possible...

Just colleact them in BPM and the do n:1 mapping....

please let me know if you need anymore info....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i you do not want to use BPM for collecting the diffrent IDOC then you have to collect them in the R/3 in the xml format at the xml port . now from here you can send these xml file into your target file . without using BPM and without using XML port i do not think this scenario is possible.

secondly we genrally do not use the proxy to handle idoc .

Thanks

sudhir sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

If you didn't want to use BPM to collect the messages, then go for Outbound Proxy. Here you can read all the IDoc's of same type and perform the validations on the data if any and populate the strucure which is required to your target message.In XI you can perform 1 to 1 message mapping and avoid the mapping complexity within XI.

Let me know your proceedings and if you want more info on this...

Cheers

Veera

>>> Reward Points, if it is needful.