cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indentation for report layout for the rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I do indentations for some of theses rows for the layout of the reports? I would want to indent the account rows 1111, 1112, 113, and 1114 etc.

Accounts 1

1111--

$20
$30
--

$40

1112--

$30
$60
--

$90

1113--

$40
$70
--

$10

1114--

$50
$80
--

$90

Accounts 2

3111--

$20
$30
--

$40

3112--

$30
$60
--

$90

3113--

$40
$70
--

$10

3114--

$50
$80
--

$90

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try using a display hierarchy for this. However, the best answer is probably to use a formatted reporting tool (e.g., Crystal Reports).

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't actually have money to buy Crystal to format our reports. We would want to use what there is available that SAP offers. I can't imagine why SAP would not offer those features similar to Crystal to allow formatting of the reports. We're spending so much money on SAP and we wouldn't want to spend any more on some third party tool and have to maintain so many places. We are not harsh on SAP. We would want to be efficient and frugal. More over, we wouldn't want to have new Crystal Consultants charging us so many hours of work that we think would take about 1 hour to do.

I am using a struvcture for the column and a structure for the row.

I am not reallly using Hierarchy for this.

How owould I do this with macros?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A run-time version of Crystal Reports comes bundled with BW. However, we don't use it, so that's about as much as I can tell you about that.

The display hierarchy that I suggested does not imply that you are using an InfoObject with a hierarchy. It is a way of creating a run-time representation of any set of InfoObjects as if they were a hierarchy.

To use this, go to Query Designer and open your query, then right-click on the header of the Rows section and choose "Display as a Hierarchy". It may not get you where you want to go, but it's as close as you are going to get with standard BW functionality, IMHO.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's IMHO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>

A run-time version of Crystal Reports comes bundled with BW</i>

So is it really there and we wouldn't have to buy it extra. How can I lanuch the Crystal tool from my system to see if it is on our system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said before, we don't use Crystal Reports so I don't know much about it. Here is the link to the SAP Help on the subject:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/06/00a63b60f26e3be10000000a114084/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/06/00a63b60f26e3be10000000a114084/content.htm</a>

Maybe someone else on this forum can give you more information.

OBTW (oh, by the way), "IMHO" stands for "in my humble opinion".

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you're not obligated to respond even though I replied to you. I thought I'd post the reply and the reply could be read by anyone who would want to implement Crystal.

A brief glance shows that you would have to have a separate server, so we really don't have money to spend and have new Crystal Consultants stumbling through on the systems to learn their way around and charging us thousands of dollars. We are trying to save money.

But if we got a new Consultant who works really hard to deliver quality work and charge us only 1 hour for work of 100 hours, we wouldn't mind implementing Crystal with the help of the new Consulant. I hope we can find someone like that.

Thanks for the link.

Answers (0)