cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some clarifications about data type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks,

this will be very basic thing to be raised as a question here , but i have no other option .

i was said that data type will contain the actual payload (ie:the data) for example if a employee name list is to be sent , then the data type will have the "empname" ie: the field name and the number of occurences & its data type . IS THIS CONCEPT WHICH I HAVE IN MY MIND RIGHT?

THEN

can u please tell me

what is min occurs max occurs, unbounded ?

what is a attribute( with two options in occurence field one is "required" other one is "optional" why do v have 2 such options) ,is it different from elements?

if suppose i have a root node having 4 elements and the same node reoccurs with only 3 elements ,how do i set it ?

we have a coloum default when defining data types what is it used for ?

please try to explain rather pointing to blogs as iam just a beginner.

have a nice day

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bose,

yes u r correct.Data type will have Element/attribute(eg. empname),occurence(the no. of time it will occur in the input payload). and type (xsd:string)

<b>what is min occurs max occurs, unbounded ?</b>

min occur = minimun no of time the Element/atrribute(eg. empname) may occur in the input XML/input payload.

max occur=maximum no of time the Element/atrribute(eg. empname) may occur in the input XML/input payload.

generally we give for mendatory field occurence <b>min occur =1</b>.and if the filed may occur any no. of times then in <b>maxoccur</b> we give "<b>unbounded"</b>

<b>what is a attribute( with two options in occurence field one is "required" other one is "optional" why do v have 2 such options) ,is it different from elements?</b>

yes attribute and element are diffrent.

remember attribute comes under element( i mean a single element may conatin no. of atrribut2)

required means it must appear in the payload

option one not necessary

<b>if suppose i have a root node having 4 elements and the same node reoccurs with only 3 elements ,how do i set it ?</b>

in root node give occurence 1...unbounded.

and for all the 4 element give 0..unbounded.

Regards

BILL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

by occurences it means how many times u wan the values in payload to appear (and so u set it to min and max),

similarly,

You can flag an attribute as optional or required in the Occurrence column. These values mean the same for elements with an occurrence of 0..1 or 1. The only difference between elements and attributes is that attributes cannot have subnodes and that the same attribute cannot be used more than once in an element.

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

prathiba ur reply was short but i read it twice to understand clearly.really good work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiBose,

>>what is min occurs max occurs, unbounded ?

Min occurence means minimum how many time the datafeild will occur

in the same for Maximum and Unbounded means that it will be repeated any number of time that we can expect and give any maximum occurence for it,this Unbounded will be used at Root level or subelement level.

>>what is a attribute( with two options in occurence field one is "required" other one is "optional" why do v have 2 such options) ,is it different from elements?

we give Attribute for any data feild when we have to pass any action dynamically,for example when iam working with file-to JDBC senario where i have to insert data into table at that time i will give feild as ACTION and datatype will be attribute and i can pass INSERT OR UPDATE action dynamically into it.

OPtional means if u dont pass data then also the senario works ,if the datatype is required then it is an mandatory feild.

Check the below links its very helful for biggners.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phani , bill &prathiba

thanks for the answers & the effort you took for putting up all these things . i was expecting bill to see them & thank fully u have seen it . phani ur answer was elaborate and highly usefull . pls don mind about the points as they were given from my point of view only .