Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

some clarifications about data type.

hi folks,

this will be very basic thing to be raised as a question here , but i have no other option .

i was said that data type will contain the actual payload (ie:the data) for example if a employee name list is to be sent , then the data type will have the "empname" ie: the field name and the number of occurences & its data type . IS THIS CONCEPT WHICH I HAVE IN MY MIND RIGHT?

THEN

can u please tell me

what is min occurs max occurs, unbounded ?

what is a attribute( with two options in occurence field one is "required" other one is "optional" why do v have 2 such options) ,is it different from elements?

if suppose i have a root node having 4 elements and the same node reoccurs with only 3 elements ,how do i set it ?

we have a coloum default when defining data types what is it used for ?

please try to explain rather pointing to blogs as iam just a beginner.

have a nice day

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Bose,

yes u r correct.Data type will have Element/attribute(eg. empname),occurence(the no. of time it will occur in the input payload). and type (xsd:string)

<b>what is min occurs max occurs, unbounded ?</b>

min occur = minimun no of time the Element/atrribute(eg. empname) may occur in the input XML/input payload.

max occur=maximum no of time the Element/atrribute(eg. empname) may occur in the input XML/input payload.

generally we give for mendatory field occurence <b>min occur =1</b>.and if the filed may occur any no. of times then in <b>maxoccur</b> we give "<b>unbounded"</b>

<b>what is a attribute( with two options in occurence field one is "required" other one is "optional" why do v have 2 such options) ,is it different from elements?</b>

yes attribute and element are diffrent.

remember attribute comes under element( i mean a single element may conatin no. of atrribut2)

required means it must appear in the payload

option one not necessary

<b>if suppose i have a root node having 4 elements and the same node reoccurs with only 3 elements ,how do i set it ?</b>

in root node give occurence 1...unbounded.

and for all the 4 element give 0..unbounded.

Regards

BILL

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question