cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Business Contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>What exactly a business contents are</b>? I thought all the extract structures available in LBWE are the business contents. But when i went inside tcode RSA5, I able to see the heading as installation of data dource from business contents. Again I got surprised that under the SAP application components, I found one node CO. under that copa is there. I dont know how it is there as I never seen any FICO related data source in LBWE.

So <b>whats the difference in LBWE and RSA5 contents</b>? I know once the RSA5 objects activated , it will be available in RSA6.

If my customer want one copa report in BI 7.0, <b>whether I can use the datasource available in RSA5</b>. If that is the case <b>what all I need to do in R/3?</b>

My client want fields from the table ce11000. Till now what i did is created one generic datasource and pulled data to BI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the t code for copa is kebo

give the operating concern name and follow the procedure

regards

kirann

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Business Content is a a part of Standard Delivered Datasources and Objects from SAP. Which is ready made solution to be implemented.

What you see in RSA5 is complete set of Standard Business Content Datasources.

Although in LBWE you see only LO (Logistics ) Datasources as it refers to LO Cockpit.

Yes you can use Datasource available in RSA5 for your requirement. Just Install/Activate it, once done you can directly use it or custoize it as per your requiremment.

Then you can Replicate it to BW and Map it in BW to parallel Business COntent and Design the Data Flow Model (upto your Infocube)

Hope this Helps.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for your quick response.

<b>I like to know whether we able to append any structure to the already existing datasources in RSA5?</b>.

In RSA5 I entered in display structure and double click on the extract structure and pressed on append structure... they are asking for append name. so its possible na?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mathew,

As a practice we activate the Datasource and then Append it from RSA6.

Give your Append Structure Name as Z followed by Extract Structure Name.

And append the Field with ZZ*.

By the way where are you getting this option in RSA5.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto RSA5 transaction. Select the data source. Then goto the Menu DataSource and select display datasource. Now you will be able to see the version display of teh data source. there you can see the extract structure in extraction group. double click on that will guide you to the structure. There on the right hand side one button is there to append structure. Click on that and give name and add the fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

what u r seeing in the RSA5 is LIS data source. this is constant one you can't

able to do any modification in that.

in LBWE- this is LO data source. if you are not doing any modification in that

data source means this is same as RSA5-- LIS data source.

but in LBWE- you can modify the extract structure of the data source depending

on your requirement. on that case you can't able to use BI content cube in bw.

you have to create customer cube in bw.

this is the major difference

if helpful provide points

regards

harikrishna.N