cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Subcontracting of Maintenance Spare..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody........

The scenario of my question is like this.......

In my plant there is a machine which is also an asset.......when this asset was purchased by the company......there was no BOM attached to this. After some time, this machine came under breakdown & maintenance person removed one of its part say SHAFT. To reuse this shaft, it needs to be repaired by external agency. There is no other shaft available in the stores to use in this breakdown. Now as this shaft is not maintained in the store (neither as an asset nor as a material), then what will be the procedure to send this shaft to subcontractor.........Material Master for shaft can be created but what abt inventory stock.......

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member514355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I would like to suggest to create service PO and maintain service sheet.

You complete the process useing service PO, I think no need to create to do the business with subcontracting. I think you can also do as per Mr.Divakar's method.

I have not worked on asset PO.

Regards

Viru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scenario will be covered under the PM module. The material master needs to be created for the material shaft.

In the PM module when you raise a service Order for the Machine which you have bought you need to mention the list of components required to repair the machine. By that time the system will check for the availability of the shaft, if it is a non stock material then the system in turn generates a PR in the background which can be converted in to a PO and then followed by GR so that the servicing operation can be completed and the SO can be confirmed.

Or else since your servicing operation is going for a subcontracing vendor, better to ask him to procure the material and you pay him the cost of material + labour charges towards the service cost.

Regards,

DilliB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DilliB,

I am a PM consultant only........

The thing is....I dont want to buy new shaft. If in maintenance order for services, i will put component as Shaft - Non stock, it will generate PR for procurement of shaft...whereas i dont want shaft, i need it to be reapired only.......because there used to be some spares on a machine whose failure chances are very less, so we prefer to rectify them when damaged instead of buying new one.

Now, what to do, please let me know

Thanks

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create subasset to your main asset AS11

Create subcon PO for the repair value

Recv item as subasset in MIGO that will update the cost and qty to asset

BR

Diwakar

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In such case create a Service Purchase Order and get the repairing done on the machine. Do a service entry sheet to record the completion of service and pay the vendor.

You can also better explore the option provided by Mr. Diwakar on asset and sub asset concepts as i had never worked on asset purchase.

Regards,

DilliB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

Thanks for the reply.......

It is correct that we can create the material as sub-asset..........but the thing is in a company equipments are decided as an asset & sub assets on the basis of its value......so, if i am not wrong, we cannot have each part of an equipment as an asset.........

then what to do in this case that my shaft is not of that much value........

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

For this follow this steps

1. Create a Material Master of shaft.Then create stock of movement type 501.

2. Send this Material to Vendor site using movement type 541.

3.For the payment of Vendor create a service PO and mention all service charges.

4. At the time of receiving material back. Take the shaft back using move ment type 542.

5. Make the service entry sheet and make the final payment to vendor.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

VS

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is any constraint for creating subasset

Create the material as only value updating

Create one more material as QTY.updating

Create subcon PO for non valuated material

Create stock for qty updating material