Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

External Context Mapping

Hi experts,

Here is my scenario. I have 2 WDC. One is UsedWDC and another is UsingWDC. I will embedded the UsedWDC into the view of UsingWDC via controll ViewContainerUIElement.

I have the external context mapping between 2 WDC for the node Title and attribute Header. The cardinality of this node is 1..1. Normally, the value when I init in component controller of UsingWDC is mapped successfully to UsedWDC.

For e.g: I init and set String "Hello World" for attribute Header in the context of UsingWDC, set the external context mapping for UsingWDC and UsedWDC. Do data binding between the node Tilte.Header of the context of the view inside UsedWDC and the context of component controller of UsedWDC. At runtime, the value showed in the UsedWDC's view successfully.

However, when I accessing the value attribute of the node Title inside of component controller of UsedWDC, it raised me an <b>Null Pointer Exception</b>.

Please help me out of here, this scenario is also in my real project, and the deadline is coming. This is really urgent.

Thanks experts in advance.

Nguyen, Tran Vu

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question