cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material substitution- Reason 0005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am reposting my question as I did not get a helpful answer. Any help is highly appreciated.

My client wants to use the manual material substitution ( reason 0005) but want to have both main item and sub item to be displayed in the sales order after manually selecting the substitute material. Is there any way of doing it?

Now when we use the substitution reason 0005, the main item is getting swaped by the sub-item or new item. Is there any way of displaying both the items in the sales order as main and sub item?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Beena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

The outcome column in subtitution is the place where we can configure if the material is to be replaced automatically or it should be displayed as a subitem in the sales order.

If we we are configuring the determination for subitems, we should take care and do that the item category determination is done accordingly.

The main item that is being substituted should have usage indicator to be PSHP and for sub item , it should be PSEL.

Award points if it adds information.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beena,

I would strongly suggest you not to place two items after substituting.

Its with my past experience. You will face many issues during invoicing, during back order processing and reporting too.

If you want to go ahead with your process.

Just copy the 0005 reason and select the outcome as B.

Hope it should solve your issue.

Regards,

Ajai

Don't forget to reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you arun and Ajai,

I tried copying reason 0005 to new reason and assign outcome B to it, but it is not supported by SAP. Not able to change configuration. I am getting error " Sub- items for manual strategy not supported

Regards,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beena,

Just now I checked in my system too. SAP Doesn't support sub-items for manual strategy. it makes real sense,, as its difficult to add new line items in dialog mode by the program.

Covey your business that its not possible to have the combination of sub-items and manual option..

Regards,

Ajai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajai,

Thanks for checking, Awarding points.

Regards,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

goto tcode:OVRQ-->in 0005>outcome column select Asave-> try creating sales order

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi beena,

in the config for substitution reason, try putting 'a' in the outcome i.e.Substitution products are displayed as subitems. and make the strategy as automatic. also chek matk the 'entry'box if the original mat is wanted on the o/p

saurabh

Message was edited by:

saurabh diwakar

Former Member

Thank you sauraph,

My client want to be able to select the substituion material at the time of sales order entry. So the strategy should be manual selection. The outcome A or B can not be assigned to the manual strategy.

Is there any other way of doing it?

Regards,

Beena