cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi.about RFC ADAPTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody tell me!

it is either xi calls sender system's function or xi's function is called by sender system for a sender RFC adapter?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi joy,

well, If we talk abt Xi, so XI never get the message automatically. Sender System has to trigger the message to XI , like Idoc has to be trigger to Xi then only matadata comes inside Xi.

in case of RFC Sender Adapter , this sender does the job of triggering.

so you can say<b> xi's function is called by sender system</b> , then only message flow will start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone want to renew answer for the question?

i am ready to cancel this question!

i am gonna reward point.

thanks everyone to answer question!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is the responsibility of the RFC to send the data to XI.RFC Adapter does not work for pull mechanism.

<i>You configure the sender RFC adapter so that you can use it to convert RFC calls from a sender to XML messages and send these messages to the Integration Server or the PCK.</i>

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>xi calls sender system's function</i>

No

<i>xi's function is called by sender system</i>

No

The RFC resides at the sender R3 end. From there the data is pushed to XI using RFC destinations

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does Xi know when to call the RFC in R/3 as it is not like a file adapter which polls in the specific folder at regular intervals. So whenever the RFC in R/3 is executed data is sent to XI.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

RFC works on Push mechanism ,which means that the program on the R/3 side will push the data from R/3 to the XI system.

XI system does not pulls the data via sender RFC adapter

Thanx

Aamir