cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query property to change width column

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user wants to run the query and have the property from the third tab be set at ' Adjust to result area' option.

However, when I quit the query or exit the query and return to run it again, the option is defaulted to 'Adjust to whole column'. The first column would change back to the width of the query name and the second column would change back to the width of the variables.

Is there a way to default this property to ' Adjust to result area' option?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna,

Ask User to Manually Adjust the Desired Column to whatever length manually in Excel and then Right Click for ContextMenu >Properties>Do not Adjust Column Width.

This will resolve the problem.

Thanks

CK

Message was edited by:

Chitrarth Kastwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chitrarth,

Is there a way to do this permanently from the query.

I tried it and when the next time I open the query to run it , it would go back to the other format. I would hten have to go to prorperty and change the option.

Is there a way to default the opion to the other instead of 'adjust to whole columns'?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna,

Actually what happens is defaultly the columns will take the width of its respective headers.I mean to say for variables they will take width of variables etc.

I think there is no option to adjust it permanently.

hope this helps

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra ,

Is there a way to set this from the workbook permanently everytine the workbook is retrieved ? I am puzzled why SAP gives those options and not be able to default it to something other than 'Adjust to whole column'.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

by default if you make this setting in the workbook it will apply every time it is opened and refreshed. I think you cannot specify it at the query level since it is only related to workbook properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna,

You can do all kind of settings at work book level.But whatever settings you have done will be local for workbook.So whenever you open your workbook you can see the format which you set.But at Query level you cant do this settings

so better use workbooks for it.

Hope this is helpful

Regards

Karthik

Assign points if helpful

Answers (0)