cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding exceptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Can users select their own colours for good..1,2,3... and for bad..1,2,3.....in WAD report? please let me know the possibility on both 3.5 and 7.0 versions.

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

We are using 3.5. If you put the Exceptions Web Items into your report one options is to allow users create their own Exception (choosing their own bands and colours). However this is only for the instance they are running the report.

Another option is to put a number of different Exceptions on the report and with the Exception web Item they select which they want to enable. So you could have an exceptions with colour scheme for highlight negative Balances, another exception with a different interpretation on colours on the same key fig.

I am not aware of any facility to allow the user to change colours other than the above.

Regards

Gill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you are running the web report, then the way to manage the exception colrs is through the stylesheet. Please check which style sheet your web temaplates employ. You can download this from the MIME reporsitory (SE80) and make changes in the notepad. Save and upload it back. You cannot see any changes made until you invalidate the global cache (from SMICM).

In the style sheet look for .SAPBEXexc...there will be different settings for each exception level and you will need to chnage the background-color.

Coming to BEx Reports

For Excel based reports (Bex Analyzer) you can change the exception colors in the workbook using the Format button on the Bex Toolbar. This will be at the workbook level (not query level) and when you save the workbook and later refresh it, the colors you set will remain.

Regards

Karthik

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghav

but my question was..from users perspective not from the developer. can a user change the color of the exceptions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As far as I know user cant change the color of exception.It should be done from the developer side.

Hope this helps

Regards

Karthik

Assign points if helpful