cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer between Inter-Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have followed the tutorial of "Inter-Application-Navigation in Web Dynpro" that works fine. However, I have no clue as to how would the transfer of data from the TargetApp to the StartApp work! I have a table in the view of the TargetApp on selection of the row it should be able to transfer the contents to the Caller Application (StartApp).

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

This link will solve your problem

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayadeep,

Thank you for your quick response. I solved the data transfer problem but when I call the TargetApp the second time I loose the already entered contents (not related to the TargetApp) of my StartApp on return from the TargetApp.

Any ideas???

Many thanks,

Dharmi

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To prevent loosing of entered data you shouldnt use inter-application navigation. Use navigation inside one application without startup and exit plugs.

Regards, Maksim R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

Thank you for your response. "shouldn't" is really disappointing. No work arrounds???

Regards,

Dharmi

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmi,

Workaround - use navigation in scope of one application, not inter-application. Why do you really need couple of applications? From my experience, application is only entry point for provided functionality. For example you have 3 screens (input PO number, list of items, confirmation screen) and you can only navigate 1-2-3 (you don`t need to access screens 2 and 3 directly). So, in this case you need only one application - to access screen 1.

Regards, Maksim R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

Thanks again. The scenario that I have is a simple Order Entry WD appln making use of web services. The second application here allows you to have the generic search functionality. It allows me to do the lookup for clients and also the articles. You might think why not OVS or separate views in intra-application. Well, I tried both of them. OVS is much slower with web services (took ages to display the results and I cannot change the order of display of columns in the table. I would also like to have design of the label as light and not standard and I was not getting name of the label.) The main idea behind using inter-application is it's final integration with the portal. All the view (eg: Order View, Search View) would be place in seperate iview's. E.g. Order View in one iview and Search in other iview. I have no idea about EP but to integrate WD in an Iview u need an URL of WD Appln. so the decision of inter-appln.

If you have an idea, I would look forward to it.

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharmi,

Some notes on your complains about OVS:

1. <i>OVS is much slower with web services (took ages to display the results...</i>

Do not understand you. So, if you are calling WebService from regular view it responds quicker then from OVS. Unbelievable.

2. <i>...and I cannot change the order of display of columns in the table. I would also like to have design of the label as light and not standard and I was not getting name of the label)</i>

Please refer to my blog /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/15/ovs-reloaded

You may borrow several ideas from the example attached (how to supply metadata to OVS, reorder column / display only necessary columns, etc)

VS

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For EP integration you need separate application for each iView (or set of configurable parameters for similar applications).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valery,

Yes it was unbelieveable for me as well. But somehow it is. Your article looks quite impressive, I would try to implement the necessary functionality. Would it be possible to call the ovs from iview?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Message was edited by: Dharmi Tanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

Yes, so the design of inter-application.

Regards,

Dharmi