cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intergration between PP & APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Experts,

How is interfacing between PP & APO? What is the relationship between PP & APO? Can anybody explain me?

Thanks & Regards,

SP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praisy,

APO stands for Advanced Planner and Optimizer. The transferring of datas from R/3 to APO by using the interface CIF (Core Interface). This CIF is BW components.

The transaction data relevant for planning, such as warehouse stock and sales or production orders is also transferred from the R/3 into APO via the CIF interface.

Aggregated actual data can be transferred to APO from OLTP, BW (Business Information Warehouse), Excel, and Legacy systems, and saved in InfoCubes.

The data transfer between R/3 and APO Systems is defined and controlled using the APO Core Interface (CIF). The CIF is the central interface for connecting APO to the existing R/3 System environment.

The forecasting data of demand plan is created as a result of the forecast.

You release the demand plan to Production Planning, which creates planned independent requirements for Supply Network Planning (SNP), and PP/DS. You can also transfer the demand plan to the operating system (OLTP - Online Transferring Process) as planned independent requirements.

The seamless integration with Supply Network Planning (SNP), and PP/DS supports an efficient S&OP process.

please let me know any clarification. if helpful, pls <b>Reward the points</b>.

Regards,

Mohan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for information. I hope you very well.

Thanks in advance

SP