cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add documents to CRM Products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already have most of the material data replicated from R3 to CRM system. My requirement is to add additional thumbnails and full-size picture to these products. The pictures is stored in local drive and in image format.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to upload these pictures.

Thanks for any help.

PS- I'm using CRM 5

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gilbert,

A thumbnail can be created for a product in the Thumbnails folder (Documents -->Pictures --> Thumbnails). It is displayed in the header data of the product.

In the SAP GUI, you can specify which picture you would like to be displayed by default for a product. To do this, select the relevant picture and choose Properties in the toolbar, then Properties in the tab, and select Yes in the Default Doc. field. Make sure that you do not set the default indicator for more than one document.

In Customizing for Customer Relationship Management, you can define the templates you wish to use for the folder structure for your products. Path is IMG>CRM> Basic Functions -->Content Management -->Define Templates for Folders.

The folder template defined in the previous step can be assigned to a specific product type in the Customizing activity Assign Content Management Folder Template to Product Type under Customer Relationship Management --> Master Data -->Products -->Settings for Product Type.

The folder structure can be modified in product maintenance on an individual basis for each product.

for further info, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/91/d8fc377cb5be5ae10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Hope this will help

Regards,

Rekha Dadwal

<b>You gain a point for every point that you reward. So reward helpful answers generously</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Thanks for your help. However, what I'm looking for is the way to mass upload these pictures. My customer have thousands of products and it would be impossible to update one product at at time.

So they are going to create an excel file with a few columns,mainly product ID and file path for the thumbnails.

Is there a way I can get this done? Perhaps calling BAPI or using LSMW?