cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Text in Transportation (Shipment)

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Need yr expertise.. I need to maintain certain default texts for a customer in shipment (transportation).. How can I maintain those texts? Where should I maintain it? Can I maintain it in customer master, so that whenever there is shipment it will be copied over? I try to find the text in the customer master but it is only showing in the sales order but not shipment..

Pls advise..

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There is no option of refference or copying of text object in Shipment header texts.

You can flow texts from Customer master to Order, to delivery and to billing documents.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay Gupta,

Texts in the SD module carry and share information, such as shipping instructions, through master data and transactional data. You can configure the system to propose the text from the master data or within a document and carry it across the supply chain process. The system then can copy the text to subsequent documents, so you don’t need to enter the information again. You also can use the text as an instruction for subsequent processes — for example, a note in the delivery document that specifies pick-up instructions.

For instance, you could record customer instructions for receiving the goods. You also could use texts when you have an agreement that is about to expire and you want to send a note with the document that accompanies the goods you send the customer. Another example would be if your customer would like to receive products in a particular sequence. In this case, you could include this information in the shipping instructions, which would notify the warehouse folks of the request before they ship the product.

the t.code is VOTXN to setup text determination. here you can select it for sales document header item, delivery and billing header item details. Also you can do it customer texts. you can configure the text procedure which contain several text ids which during the sales order can be used to maintain additional information.

Maintian the Test in Customer master as well Shipping Header Data

Please check your Config Settings again.

Please let me know if have any issues and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanjay Gupta

Maintaining Texts in the Shipment Document

In the shipment document, texts are maintained manually at header level. No automatic text determination occurs for shipments.

To enter important information for shipment planning and completion as a text in the shipment document, proceed as follows:

On the overview screen of the shipment document, choose the tab page Texts.

The text screen appears, where you can maintain various types of texts (for example, freight list texts, header notes, or forwarder’s order texts).

The text types that appear for maintenance depend on the text procedure, which is specified for the shipment document type in Customizing.

Enter your text.

If you need additional space, mark the text and choose Edit --- Details.

The SAPscript editor will appear and you can complete your text.

Save your text on the SAPscript editor screen and choose Back to return to the text screen.

Save your text once again on the text screen.

Reward if useful to u

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

Refer to your confign in define & assign shipment type..See there is one filed realted to text control..

Also you can maintain in customer master as customer master is the highest level in text determination...

Go to VOTX- See text related to Customer as well as Shipping-Header..

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS HELPFUL...

Regds

MM