cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula/condition advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings SDN community. i have a report specification which is similar to this;

-

________water______

________sewer_________

amt

vol

count

amt

vol

count

-

customer a 999.00 9 1

customer b 99.00 2 1

in determining whether an account should fall under water or sewer, i use a keyfield, 'rate'. if rate = 01, it will fall under 'water. if rate = '02', it will fall under 'sewer'.

where should i build this condition or formula so that each customer should fall under their respective categories.

regards,

jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep the characteristics rate=01 and Rate = 02 with the key figures and it will automatically put the way you want it, but still the characteristics in rows.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi wond and thanks for the quick reply. does it mean that i should remove the characterisitic 'rate' from the rows box and transfer it to the columns box?

i still need the characteristic 'rate' to appear in the rows box.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have the rate either in rows or columns, but not both. Keep it with Key figures.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to restrict the Key Figure with Rate right click on the Key Figure.and click on Restrict.Then Restrict Rate with 1. Drag and drop another Key Figure and restrict this on Rate with 0. Keep 2 names for the same key figure.

Let me know if not clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks SV, that was the solution i needed!

points awarded.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use a structure or you can just make 6 key figures

water amt

water vol

water count

sewer amt

sewer vol

sewer count