cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable a Copy Trans Button in Crmd-order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out what is controling my Copy transaction button in <b>Crmd_ Order</b>. Even if I remove Copy Control Config, its still working and creating a copy of transaction. Please give your input.

Appreciate ur help.

Regards,

Umar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umar this you have to do for each transcation from lead to contract unless s and until copy transaction is possible try it

Cheers

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umar,

As eddie has rightly pointed out, that even if u have deleted the copy contols for other transaction type, still u will be able to see ACTIVITIES & TASKS.

In order to remove the same apply notes:

a. 660016 - Activities and tasks always permitted as follow-up documents

b. 661305 - Activities and tasks always permitted as follow-up docs (2)

Wish the information is useful.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shalini,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shalini , Apreciate ur help

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Umar,

based on my experience, there is 2 kind of transaction object will still in the copy control button even you remove the copy control configuration.

that's 2 transaction object are : ACTIVITY and TASK.

so any transaction type that the leading business transaction either ACTIVITY or TASK will still in the copy transaction button, if the user has the authorization.

in order to remove it from the button copy transaction then you need to remove the authorization from the user. i think there is no other way than that.

other things that you can do is to validate the copy control generation using BADI.

so you can prohibit the user to generate the transaction from copy control.

hopes it helps

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eddhie, I appreciate ur input.

Umar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edhhie,

So How can I control what gets copy over. How canI restrict what gets copy over.

Thanks

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Umar,

sory ... don't understand your question ?

do you mean that you need to restrict / disable following document generation from copy control ?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea! So how Can I restrict what get copy over from existing transction.

Thanks

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Umar,

there is 2 option to restrict the generation of following document from copy control, that is :

1. via authorization

2. via BADI implementation

the easiest way is the option 1 : via authorization.

just remove the authorization from the user to generate transaction type for ACTIVITY and TASK.

but ussually this option is hard to implement due to the business scenario because it is imposible to restrict the user to create an activity or a task.

if the option 1 is not available, then use the option 2 : via BADI implementation.

just create a new implementation of BADI class CRM_COPY_BADI and add some validation that if the source of the document is certain transaction type then raise the exception NOT_ALLOWED.

but before implement this BADI, you need to configure the copy control first for all ACTIVITY and TASK transaction types. if not, the BADI won't works.

hopes it helps

cheers