cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfers between warehouses

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, mi name is John Jairo I have a problem when I try to make a stock transfer between warehouse. I need to create an outbound delivery (Transaction VL01NO) with the Delivery Type "UL" between two warehouses, but when I enter the Customer I can´t continue and i have an error message that asks me the Customer as a Plant. ¿What options do I have? I need to create this outbound deliveries between warehouses and I am not using plants. I need to create deliveries without a reference document neither purchase orders. The reason to create a transport document with an outbound delivery.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

John Jairo Restrepo

Message was edited by:

John Jairo Restrepo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The warehouse has to be assigned to a plant without which you cannot do stock transfer.

Regards

Kannan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

What do u mean by warehouses , r they storage locations in the same plant or r u meaning factory godown at different locations(not in any plant) , pls come back.

regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry my mistake they are storage locationes, basically i need to transport between storage locations.

Thanks and what do you think???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage location has to be assigned to a plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a transport document with an outbound delivery. The transport is between 2 storage locations in the same plant. I have a problem when a create the outbound delivery without reference. I have had problems when I create the outbound delivery without reference, Delivery Type "UL", this is because the system asks me a Customer Number, I asign any customer number (Transaction VL01NO) and the system issues an error message as following: The delivery type "UL" requires a receiving plant for customer X. I also want to know if in this document I am able to put the delivering and reciving sotrage location.

Thanks in advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check

1. whether the storage location is assigned to the sales organisation / distribution channel

2. whether the delivery type UL with item category ULN is defined in customisation.

The path is SPRO->IMG->LOGISTICS EXECUTION->SHIPPING DELIVERIES->DEFINE ITEM CATEGORY DETERMINATION I DELIVERIES.

Another option is

If both the storage locations are in the same plant, then you can go for stock transfer between storage locations using movement type 315.

Message was edited by:

Kannan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John

Why do u want to create a delivery for a stg loc to stg loc transfer in the same plant , u can directly do it through MB1B or MIGO using movement type 311. I guss u want a reference no for this transfer , this u get in the form of a material doc no when u do the transfer as said above.

Regards

Prasad

Rewad if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have proved that option but I need to track my transport order created from ME21N transaction and I need to create a delivery and then make a goods issue with reference to that delivery.