cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change documents log for Header texts of Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Does any body came across seeing the changes in the texts in the change logs in the sales order ?

Can anyone of you provide me the way to activate the change logs for the long texts

Regards,

Ajai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one have idea abt this one.

Regards,

Ajai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajai,

Texts changes are never recorded in SAP. the change log is only recorded for data element fields - For example, go into SE11, choose the radio button for data type. Enter SERAIL for serial number and then go to Further characteristics tab. Here the tick for Change document tells SAP to record the changes for this field in the CDHDR and CDPOS tables.

If you want to activate the change logs for texts, it is going to be a nightmare for the SAP performance. Your system is going to come down to a killing slow speed. I would never suggest you to go for it.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

Before my current project I was with the same opinion. But at my current client I saw the header texts being logged for the purchase order. I.e if we change the header texts for the PO, we can see the changes in the change log history of the PO. Thats where I got trouble into. The business shows the PO history and expecting the same in SO too. I was unable to figure out how the PO header texts changes were being logged.

Coming to performance, the clients volume of orders is not too high.

Lets see any of our SDN friends come up with some hints..

Regards,

Ajai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aj,

Please check the ENVIRONMENT MENU list in change mode of SO ie., VA02, drill down the Environment menu bar and select Changes Option and you can view all the changes made in SO (you can select the required radio buttons for the o/p to be viewed)

Hope you are searching for the same.

With Regards,

Vijayashree