cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u0093Ship Tou0094 address name

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

The “Ship To” address name was not being synchronized on the order when it comes over from e-commerce. This is a huge problem as the name of the address is the name of the company the order is shipping to.

is any one of you also face the same prob. Let me know any solution for this if you know..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this same problem. We fixed the issue by writing the ship-to name in a udt in webtools. Than wrote a program using the di in sbo to read the udt and update the sales order. If you use Pick Pack Manager, be sure to update the order rows ship-to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

This is by design.

Webtools allows the customer to select a billing address as a shipping address. If this happens this happens the order will not synchronize if the address name is set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shane,

while we created order in webtools then the name will come in Address label but while you see the complete Order print out there is no name over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Address name is not set by the synch. Only the concatenated text of the address is set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

Today I had that happening and if you go into SAP, Sales Order ->the print form editor and add field_216 Table: Sales Oder Column:ShipName . The Shipping to name is in there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

i am talking about E-Commerce Sales Order Print Out. we can do that in SAP but how we need to get Shipping name in E-Commerce Order.

regards,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is also a problem for us.

Within SAP we use the address name field as part of the address. For some addresses it more relevant than others.

The synch process does not take a direct copy of the shipping address stored in the webtools order and populate order.address2.

Instead, it must do a look up of the address and populate everything into order.address2 except for shipping address name, and the county.

I do not understand the logic behind this, and certainly the county field does seem to be an oversight?.

We also use a warehouse addon called Radio Beacon, which automates the order flow, sending any new sales orders into Radio Beacon for picking and delivery. Hopefully I will be able to get the system amended to pick up the address from the webtools address UDF's during order download. It is this address that will be used to govern the delivery of the item, so the above problem is more of a cosmetic problem for me, but possibly not so for other customers?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WT is currently built, the billing address can be used as a ship to address.

If this is done, the order will fail to synch because this is illegal in B1. The current solution is to set the address2 field but not the address name field.

Incidentally, since the free text address on the order is edittable, there is no guarantee that the address in address name is actually the address listed in the address2 field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make sure the address name comes through (well at least in the webtools udf's), I customised the addressblock.ascx to push through the address name into the attention field. Obviously I had to hide the attention text box to prevent the customer from over writing this.